Sunday, September 21, 2008

Speaking Dog?


Training a puppy has been quite an interesting task at our house.  Turner is really chewing on things.  He especially loves Eli's toys.  He also has a bad habit of biting at my legs as I'm walking or trying to bite us when we're petting him.  My mother-in-law found a website that recommends that you yelp when the dog bites you.  Supposedly, this lets the dog know that his playing hurt you and he is supposed to stop biting.  Well, as you can imagine, the biting is extremely annoying so I was willing to try anything.  Every time Turner has tried to bite me I've yelped.  I feel like such a fool-but to my mother-in-law's credit, it actually works.  So if you're ever at my house and you hear me bark-I'm just training the dog:)  Nolan has really taken it to a new level and has started barking right along with Turner.  So now I have two children barking throughout my house.  Why did I get a dog again?... 

No comments: