Well, I know I said I was going to do better, but I didn't; so I'm going to try again. I can't believe how quickly time flies. I logged into my account and couldn't believe how little my kids looked!! They've grown up so much and I feel like I don't keep up with documenting all of the fun and exciting things that happen to them. I love being able to spend so much time with them and I don't want to forget all of the great memories. I mean, let's face it-I'm gonna get old and forget. That makes me a little sad so I am going to try to do better. Here's an update on each of my boys:
Nolan-He's 7 now and is halfway through his first grade year. He is obsessed with soccer. I think we have about 25 soccer balls around the house-I wish I was joking! If he isn't doing school work he's watching, practicing or thinking about soccer. He's an amazing student and has read over 250 books for his AR!! I'm amazed at his ability to comprehend. He has good friends at school and his teacher says he's a natural leader that leads by example. Nothing could make me happier. He's a GREAT big brother. He's so patient, kind and generous with his brothers. He especially likes to play with Cade because he thinks he's so funny. I just love seeing them together. Nolan is a good brother to Eli too. When he thinks I'm not listening, he gives Eli good advice and tells him how to navigate through school. Another thing Nolan loves to do is give me a hard time about his hair....ugh. He really wants a mohawk like a famous Brazilian soccer player, Neymar. He and I have gone round and round about how his hair should look. We have made an agreement that for school I get to do it and when there isn't school, he is free to choose. Let's just say we've gone through A LOT of gel. Who would have thought I could have such a problem with my boy and his hair. I guess we all have things we like...at least he is a good boy, so I'm grateful.
Eli-Now 4-almost 5-is full of love and fun. He's always saying "Mom, I love you", unprompted and when I least expect it. Eli started Pre-K this year and is going to school all day, 5 days a week. He loves going and enjoys playing with his friends. He is still going to speech therapy, but I think he's getting a lot clearer. It's been a long road, but I know Eli is a lot happier. Eli also enjoys playing soccer and he is going to give baseball a try this season. Eli is a sweet boy and makes friends wherever he goes. Bobby and I always get a kick out of him because he's never hesitant to approach someone, but I have had to teach him to ask first. Eli is our go-to kid to say the prayer. Recently, he was getting into the bath and asked if his feet could float on water like Jesus'. I told him no that only Jesus could do it because he is perfect. Then, with all the faith in the world, he kneeled in the corner of the bath and prayed that Jesus would come down and teach him to make his feet float on the water. Then he said "Amen", and looked up to see if Jesus was coming down at that very second. To his disappointment he didn't but Eli is still praying for that every night. He's very funny and I LOVE to hear him laugh.
Cade-2-Is so cute and fun. He has brought so much laughter to our home. He makes me laugh everyday. He wants to be a big boy, except he doesn't want to go to school. He loves his time at home with me, and I love having some one-on-one time with him too. Whenever the older boys have had a long weekend the first day they go back to school Cade likes to cuddle up and sit with me for a while. I just love it. He loves to watch sports and play sports too. I was at a loss as to what to get him for Christmas because we already have a soccer ball-well more than one-and a football. I was able to come up with a few things, but it wasn't easy. Cade still loves his paci. It's so funny when he tells me "Ma-I want my paci in my mouth". Maybe one reason I haven't been very diligent about doing my blog is the fact that Cade was collicky until he was 8 months old. Only within the last year have I felt like we were getting our lives back to normal. It was a difficult time, but Cade is worth it. We have barely started working on potty training, but I'm not to worried about it for now. My thing is to wait until they are 3. It's just easier for me.
Bobby is keeping busy with work and triathlons. He LOVES taking the boys to soccer and seeing them have a good time playing sports. It seems like we are always at practice or a game, but it's so much fun for all of us. Yes, we still have 2 schnauzers, who I have nominated for the most annoying dogs in the world, but we'll keep them:P. They do make me feel better when Bobby is out of town so I guess that's how they earn their keep.
Here's to hoping I can keep up this year! (At least I got one really good post in, right?)
No comments:
Post a Comment