Saturday, September 6, 2008

What Was I Thinking?



So as you know I just got a new puppy.  Saying goodbye to Scruffy was really hard-a lot harder than I had anticipated.  So, when I saw the ad in the paper for another schnauzer, I was sure it was a sign that I should get another dog.  A black schnauzer-exactly what we had talked about getting when we were ready for another dog-fate, right?  Well, this week has been so crazy.  Potty training a puppy is not the most fun thing in the whole world.  Here I am standing out in the blazing sun begging a dog to go to the bathroom.  As I'm watching Turner sit in front of the back door refusing to go out into the grass, I asked myself why in the world I would get another dog.  What was I thinking?  Not to mention that Nolan loves to play with him so much that he won't leave the poor dog alone.  Nolan has been waking up so early so he can run and play with him, but doesn't realize when the dog has had enough and wants to get some rest.  Turner can only take so much running and playing that when he's hit his limit he starts to bite and scratch Nolan (you can kind of see it in the pictures, but it looks worse in person).  Nolan doesn't care because he's having too much fun and thinks it's part of the game.  So, my whole week has been consumed with breaking up Nolan and Turner.  At bedtime we have had to completely separate them so Nolan can calm down enough to go to sleep.  It's been an exciting week,  but I think we've turned a corner...I hope.

4 comments:

PEHNelson said...

LOL!! Sorry but I'm laughing at you right now! Hello!?!?!? Remember Scruffy was already trained!!! I'm sure it's nice to have a little puppy, but way too much work! especially with Eli! do you think i can get enough !!!! in this comment?!!??!?! He looks like a cute puppy though. Edna and Chris have the same problems with their girls. They just attack all pets. Even our turtle is force-fed lettuce when those girls are around! Good luck though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just one more ! please)

PEHNelson said...

hey! did you end up going to ikea yet?

Garcias said...

I did make it to IKEA-I forgot how great that place is...I need to get back over there some day. Turner is so cute and sometimes he starts the playing, but it's been a little crazy here!

DKGarcia said...

cute pictures... I like the way you changed your blog page how did you do it? I worked on mine a little but wanted to get more design to it... show me next time you are over ok