Friday, October 24, 2008

Trip to Snowflake!

The Pond...A favorite place
One of the last flowers
My niece Madison...she's two weeks older than Eli
Jefferson
Nolan checking out the chickens
Eli in Madison's stroller...sorry Eli, it's pink:)
Nolan with the "cute doggie", Moses
Eli bundled up on the swing
Jessah walking Shadow
Jay showing off his deer and elk horns (not a good pic of the horns)
Ashley showing Nolan how to feed the sheep
Nolan catching frogs at the pond
Ashley and Madison on the walk

This last weekend I packed the kids in the car and headed up to see my mom in Snowflake.  Bobby wasn't able to go because of work, but I couldn't let my mom have a few days off from school and not see her.  So off we went.  Normally-without kids-the trip is about 6-7 hours, but for me the way up took 11!!!!  Poor Nolan got car sick and there was an accident between Superior and Globe.  If you're not familiar with this road it's only two lanes through a little canyon so traffic couldn't get through.  I was so upset when the cop stopped me because I was almost to Globe and still had another 1.5-2 hours left.  Not to mention I am a terrible night driver so I was trying to get up there before it got dark.  Well, I was getting really impatient and Nolan was too..."go to Nana's house!".  The tow trucks finally brought the cars down and I saw a truck completely smashed and another car with torn material and blood all over the side of the rear door(sorry for the graphic image).  I then realized that I would just be grateful to get there safely.  I didn't get to Snowflake until after dark and both of the boys were cranky, but we made it...11 hours later.

We had a great time up there.  Nolan got to play with Jefferson and do lots of fun stuff.  Jefferson really wanted Nolan to play with him and tried his best to win Nolan over.  It worked for the most part, but there were a few moments.  Jefferson brought out one of his favorite toys and told my sister that he was going to share it so Nolan would like him again:)  Jeff is such a good boy.  

Overall we had a lot of fun.I really enjoyed seeing my family.  I wish we lived closer... 

2 comments:

Team Seguritan said...

You have the cutest kids! And your neice is TOO cute too.

kT

PEHNelson said...

i cannt beleive how big jessah and jefferson are!!! holy cow!