Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Looking for the biggest pumpkin.
Carving a mean face.
The only picture I have of both of them in costume.
Eli trying to eat the pumpkin-what a surprise:)
Is it just me or is he so cute?

Nolan found a little pumpkin for Eli.

Halloween is my least favorite holiday, but for the sake of children and tradition we went to the pumpkin patch, carved our pumpkins and went trick or treating.  Nolan had such a good time at the pumpkin patch.  His mission was to find the biggest pumpkin for himself and a little one for Eli.  Nolan also had lots of fun on the big slide and jumper.  Nolan wasn't really into carving the pumpkin, but he did want to carry it around the house.  Costumes are probably my least favorite thing about Halloween.  Maybe I'm a party pooper, but I haven't dressed up since fourth grade.  So, I was grateful when Nolan wanted to be a ghost and he wanted Eli to be a little ghost.  Good choice-something cheap.  Nolan's favorite part of Halloween was definitely the candy.  He was a little too shy to say trick-or-treat, but he wanted that candy.  The next morning he woke up at 6:30 and insisted on having a red lollipop.  He was devastated when I said that he'd have to wait.  Needless to say the only thing I've heard the last few days is "mom, I need more candy".  He loves lollipops, but he'll settle for other sweet stuff too:)  I'm glad we made some good memories this Halloween-even if it's my least favorite holiday.

No comments: