Eli turned one this month! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. It seems like time goes by so fast. Eli has definitely brought fun and happiness to our home. I remember a couple of hours after I had Eli I just had an overwhelming feeling of joy. I wondered if that was normal, or just the epidural wearing off, but now that I've gotten to know Eli I know it was because I was so happy to have him a part of my life. He is so much fun and laughs all the time-I can relate! He's a good little boy who can really hold his own with his brother. I am so thankful for Eli. I know that having a brother has been the best thing for Nolan. When I went to the hospital I was so sad because I was convinced I was ruining Nolan's life. Nolan wasn't going to be the only one I loved and I felt so guilty, but now that Eli is here I wouldn't have it any other way. Eli has brought so much fun to our house. He thinks Nolan is so funny-even when I'm sure Eli will cry because Nolan wants to wrestle him, he laughs. I love every second of it. It makes me so happy to see them together and I pray they will always be friends.
Eli is a lot of fun, but also very curious and HUNGRY! If you have something-he wants it. If you're eating something, he wants a bite-I take that back, he wants the whole thing! The only thing I've ever seen him turn down is ice cream (that is not my gene). He's so much fun to watch when he finds something he's interested. My favorite thing is to watch him study a page on a book-he's so intent. As my mom says, "you can tell the lights are on". He's very smart and of course so handsome! I love the look on his face when I pick him up from behind and he looks back to see who it is and smiles. When he looks at me like that it's almost like he's saying "Oh it's you. I'm so glad it's you." I love his hair, his dark eyes (Nolan says they're black), his sweet smile and laugh, and his ability to make everyone feel so happy to be around him. I love him so much and I'm so excited to see what life holds for him.
2 comments:
I can' believe he is 1 already!! Crazy! He is such a cutie1 Very adorable!
Eli is such a great little guy. I feel the same joy about Ben - just so happy he is here with us. (Happy about Lizzy too but two different kids, two different joys.)
You are a wonderful mommy Ami, your sons are lucky to have you.
Post a Comment