My Nolan is a late talker. I always knew that he understood me and for the most part I could understand what he wanted. I wasn't too worried about it until I took him in for his 3 year check up. The doctor said all these things and even mentioned a special speech school. I knew he was delayed, but I didn't think it was that serious. Then, about 6 months ago Nolan started saying a few more words and about three months ago he really started talking. Now he's talking all the time and has started singing his ABCs and other songs. He's still a little hard to understand sometimes and some of the words don't sound quite right. In fact some of them sound like curse words. At dinner the other night he kept telling me that his mouth was sick, but sick sounded just like something else...you see where I'm going with this. So, if you're sitting behind me in church and you think Nolan just said a bad word, he's still working on speaking clearly.:) Anyway, I'm so happy for Nolan. He's been so much happier and really come out of his shell. I love my Nolan.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
What Did you Say?
My Nolan is a late talker. I always knew that he understood me and for the most part I could understand what he wanted. I wasn't too worried about it until I took him in for his 3 year check up. The doctor said all these things and even mentioned a special speech school. I knew he was delayed, but I didn't think it was that serious. Then, about 6 months ago Nolan started saying a few more words and about three months ago he really started talking. Now he's talking all the time and has started singing his ABCs and other songs. He's still a little hard to understand sometimes and some of the words don't sound quite right. In fact some of them sound like curse words. At dinner the other night he kept telling me that his mouth was sick, but sick sounded just like something else...you see where I'm going with this. So, if you're sitting behind me in church and you think Nolan just said a bad word, he's still working on speaking clearly.:) Anyway, I'm so happy for Nolan. He's been so much happier and really come out of his shell. I love my Nolan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment